Receptionist/ Customer Service/ Accounts Receivable Clerk
Diane C. Halsey
1070 Halsey Street
Brooklyn New York 11208
C. Phone - (516) 695-5531
Position: Bookkeeper/Account Receivable
VolunteerAlpha School, Brooklyn New York Receptionist
09/11 - PresentAnswer telephone, screen and direct calls. Take and relay messages. Provide information to callers.
Greet persons entering the school. Direct persons to correct destination. General administrative and clerical support. Prepare letters and documents. Receive and sort mail and deliveries. Tidy and maintain the reception area.
June 94 - Feb 11 Bliss Pest Protection Services, LL, New York Bookkeeper/Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and post receipts from daily deposits. Resolve customer billing issues.
- Process customer credit card transactions using internet credit card program.
- Daily preparation of cash receipts report for Executive management.
- End of the month duties include, Journal entries and monthly A/R tie out.
- Other duties include processing payroll for fifty servicemen and extensive A/R collection Activities.
January 93 - October 93Capital Distributing Company, New YorkBookkeeper/ Accounts Payable
- Area Administrator for an innovative on-line magazine system.
- Maintain accounts, contract and issue information over 148 publications.
- Account Payable - Coordinate quarterly claims and check processing.
November 89 - December 92Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, Queen New YorkKeyboard Specialist
- Typing, Answer phones and screening of all calls.
- Word Perfect - IBM PC (4.2, 5.0, and 5.1).
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Processing psychiatristsâ€™ application, verifying their references (Medical Schools, Residency, American Board and Neurology).
- Meet and greet new psychiatrists.
June 80 - May 89Select Magazines Inc., New YorkManager
- Served as Area Administrator for an innovative on-line system.
- Assisted the Data Processing Department in the initialed design and development phase of this newly created system.
- Supervised and trained nine employees within department.
- Maintain accounts, contract and is information on over 300 publications.
- Account Payable - coordinate quarterly claims check processing.
Select Magazines Inc., New YorkSupervisor
- Served as liaison between RDA Department and EDP Department.
- Supervised and trained six employees within Department.
- Advised EDP Department of all new information concerning publishers and publications codes.
- Maintain marketing files and contact with retailers and consultants.
- Trouble-shooter when necessary.
February 2013- PresentNew Technologies Information Institute, New York
Bookkeeping QuickBooks and Peachtree
March 94 - June 94Career Blazers, New York
MajorPC Specialist - program included in WP 5.1, Lotus 123, Windows, Ms Word and Typing (50 wpm)
Technical SkillsTyping (50 wpm), IBM Terminal 38, Calculator, AS 400, Microsoft Word. Windows 7, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Pest Pac for Accounting