918 E105 Street, 2f
(347)849-8352; E-mail: email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: To secure a Medical Assistant position within an organization where I can utilize my education and hands-on experience to strengthen a facility’s operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• MS Office for Window 2007/XP; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Aseptic Techniques, Specimen Collection(Finger Puncture, Phlebotomy, and Urinalysis)
• Medical Office Administration
• EKG, CPR, Vital sign, and Visual Acuity Examination
• Clinical Office Procedures
• Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, and Microbiology
• Medical Manager 10.0, Medisoft, and Medcin
• Medical Terminology, and Medical Emergencies
• HCPCS, ICD-9, and CPT-4 Coding
• Bilingual English
• Type 40 wpm
EDUCATION: ASA- the College for Excellence, Brooklyn, NY
02/11-09/12 Associate of Occupational Studies Degree in Medical Assisting
EXPERIENCE: LICH/SUNYDOWNSTATE HOSPITAL, Brooklyn, NY
06/12-09/12 Medical Assistant (intern/Trainee)
• Assisted 40 + patients per day with pre- and post-examination protocol
• Record Vitals, set up blood work/ phlebotomy, urinalysis, EKG’s, stress test, spirograms, and Droppler tests; took patient’s histories, scheduled follow- up appointments, distributed medications, and updated records.
• Managed 300+ medical records filling system.
• Provided updated medical charts and explained patient’s problems to the physician.
• Participated in physical examination and treatment procedures.
• Collaborated with the medical billing and reimbursement departments to process and filed claims and bills.
NARCO FREEDOM, Brooklyn. NY
06/12-09/12 Medical Assistant (intern/ Trainee)
• Scheduled patients medical appointments and coordinated appointments with outside medical providers
• Verified patients medical coverage and eligibility for services using EPaces software
• Performed phlebotomy, administered serum blood tests, centrifuged blood, administered HIV testing, and rapid drug screening; performed urinalysis
• Assisted with PEs and assessment of chemically dependent as well as primary care patients
• Measured vitals and recorded the finding, triaged patients and communicated their problems to NP
• Administered oral medications on a daily basis; planted and read PPDs and administered flu shots
• Maintained an extensive filling system of patient’s charts
• Responsible for the upkeep of the lab, provider’s offices, and chart room.
Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
11/07-02/11 Patient Care Technician/Certified
• Filed patients’ charts in alphabetical and subject order
• Performed Phlebotomy on adults and children in heavy demands.
• Complied with safely policies and procedures, including standard and universal precautions.
• Performed routine tests, phlebotomy, provided feedback to RN regarding patient care and changes.
CERTIFICATIONS: HIPAA and CPR Certified
REFERENCES: Available upon Request