IT Telecom Technician
555 Ovington Avenue • Apt. 25D
Brooklyn, NY 11209
(718) 833-2475 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Profile Recognized as a hardworking, results-driven and self-motivated professional, offering extensive experience in the design, implementation and support of voice/data transmission, PBX and networking technologies • Devise and implement innovative diagnostic solutions, resulting in substantial cost-savings, increased efficiency and streamlined operations • Sustain composure and efficiency in fast-paced, high-pressure environments • Promote project objectives clearly and effectively while adhering to strict schedules and budgets
Hardware Avaya Products • Dell/HP/etc. Laptops/PCs/Printers • Novell Network • Octel Products
Software Adobe • MS Office • Novell Client • Windows XP, 7 • WordPerfect 6.1
Diagnostic McAfee Antivirus • Microsoft Diagnostic • Norton Antivirus • Norton Utilities • Vipre Antivirus
Installation CAT-5/CAT-5e/CAT-6 Cabling • CD-ROM Drive • Ethernet Networking • Fax Modem • Network Interface Card • T1 Lines • Voice Mail Systems • Work Station
Professional City Center of Music and Drama, Inc. – New York, NY
Experience Telecommunications Manager & Administrator, David H. Koch Theater 6/2002-7/2011
Ø Managed and directed various telecommunications projects including: an off-site office complex, resulting in savings of $50K+ • a new telemarketing facility • a new box office • New York City Ballet wardrobe and group sales centers.
Ø Programmed three T1 lines for a new ticket call center, resulting in savings of $500+. Efforts to meet the deadline ahead of schedule saved thousands of dollars in revenue.
Algomod Technologies Corporation – New York, NY
Telecommunications Administrator (Consultant), Citibank (Weehawken, NJ) 11/2001-12/2001
HIP – New York, NY
Telecommunications Analyst 4/2001-8/2001
Advanced Consultancy Group International, Inc. – New York, NY
Telecommunications Administrator (Consultant), John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2/2001-4/2001
AlphaNet Solutions, Inc. – Cedar Knolls, NJ
Telecommunications Administrator (Consultant), Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) 6/1999-12/2000
North American Communications, Inc. – Bethesda, MD
Telecommunications Administrator (Consultant), FDIC (New York, NY) 2/1999-4/1999
DMR Consulting Group, Inc. – Jersey City, NJ
Telecommunications Administrator 6/1996-11/1998
Manufacturers Hanover – New York, NY
Computer Operator Supervisor (Chemical Bank) 9/1982-10/1995
Summary of • Direct and oversee the design, installation, testing, operation, repair and maintenance of Expertise telecommunication equipment, systems and networks ensuring a smooth running and cost-efficient operation in all respects.
· Consistently analyze technical operations to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, policy change and organization-wide standardization.
· Evaluate systems for equipment failure or errors in performance; provide onsite and remote support; diagnose and resolve issues in a timely manner, minimizing downtime while assuring operational integrity.
· Enter commands; activate controls on computers and peripheral equipment to integrate systems.
· Provide desktop support; create service desk tickets; change passwords, unlock accounts, install software/hardware, remove viruses, malware and spyware, etc.
· Communicate with a wide range of vendors to obtain pricing information and order equipment.
· Maintain pertinent documentation including user support logs, technical specifications, operating standards, system problems, corrective actions, resolution status and completed installations.
Education & Avaya – New York, NY
Training Certificates in: Business Communication Systems • CentreVu CMS Administration • Definity Audix Administration • Definity G3 Administration • Octel 250/350 System Operation & Management
New York business instiute – New York, NY
A+ Certification • Network+ Training Program.
Learning tree international –alexandra, va
Certificate: Security+Training Program.
CUNY: College of Staten Island – Staten Island, NY
Completed credits in Management & Economics
Learning Tree International – Reston, VA
Certificates in: VoIP: Hands-On
New York City Technical College – Brooklyn, NY
Computer Repair Specialist Program Certificate (310 Hours)
Languages Semi-fluent in Spanish • Fluent in English
References Furnished Upon Request