Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an engaging and collaborative middle school Learning Specialist for the Windsor Terrace campus!
As a Learning Specialist, you will work closely with subject area teachers to plan, execute, and improve dynamic lessons that are individualized so as to leverage student strengths and provide maximum results.
This is an ideal position for someone with a commitment to Special Education, a tenacious spirit, and with the belief that all students are capable of high achievement.
Serving kindergarten through twelfth grade, Brooklyn Prospect pairs students with excellent teachers in a college preparatory environment using the International Baccalaureate program. We prepare students to become global citizens and help them to develop the love of learning that provides the foundation for lifelong personal and academic success.
Brooklyn Prospect is committed to:
â ¢ Teaching the skills and habits of mind necessary for success in the global community
â ¢ Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
â ¢ Reflecting the diversity of Brooklyn's neighborhoods
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, full medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with employer match, and working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
As part of a growing organization, the Learning Specialist will play a vital role in curriculum development and the overall success of our special needs students.
As Learning Specialist you will:
- Work closely with our school Principal, Department Head, and subject teachers
- Help to create, track, and implement relevant and engaging coursework
- Create strategic plans and interventions to help students achieve individual learning goals.
In addition to strategic co-teaching responsibilities, as a Learning Specialist, you will also work to develop students non-academic skills and interests as a year long Advisor of 12-15 students.
The critical features of this job are described above but not all encompassing.
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in a related field
- Masters is preferable
- A Valid New York State Teaching Certification in Special Education
- Experience working with diverse populations and special needs populations
- Strong understanding of Special Education laws
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Salary is competitive with NYC Department of Education (DOE).
- Full time position in a collaborative environment
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits, plus 401(k) with employer match
Interested candidates must include a resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and specify for which position you are applying.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be able to notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.